don't know how you do the voodoo that you do


so well it's a spell, hell, makes me wanna shoop shoop shoop
Shoop shoop ba-doop
Shoop ba-doop
Shoop ba-doop ba-doop ba-doop

Nothing reminds me more of my childhood than the musical stylings of Salt n' Pepper. Remember them? I swear I spent a large part of my adolescent wearing a half-top, dancing the running-man in my room to Whatta Man.

Not only do I still know every lyric to every song on the album, Very Necessary, but I can thank S&P for much of my sexual enlightenment.

I didn't have the internet and I went to Catholic school. Nuff said.

Most of the time, I had no idea what S&P were rapping about, but I knew it was dirty. And I knew that if I remembered every word I would learn something. 
And learn something I did...I think I've used the pick up like, 'can i get some fries with that shake shake booty' more time than I'd like to admit and you'd like to know. (but it works like a charm everytime)

For those who haven't heard, Salt n' Pepper are going on tour to commemorate the 25th anniversary of their album Hot, Cool and Vicious. Unfortunately, there are no Canadian tour dates, but who knows, maybe I could persuade a few of my homegirls to travel down to the states for a little shoop ba doop.

x