new places, favorite faces



Relationships are the gateway to the self, everything will show up. My friends are my mirrors and I try to be theirs.

Despite only living in the 613 for a few short years, I have acquired the most incredible group of friends. They are an eclectic bunch, nothing short of inspiring and bold. We have formed what seems like boundless relationships built on our mutual love of dressing up, setting things on fire, dancing, PDA’s and trying to shock/delight/ bring each other to tears at all times. 

As what only could be described as bittersweet, I got together with a few of these friends for a bon voyage brunch for Ju. My favorite little French girl is moving to pursue art and dance and life in the big city. It is hard to imagine Ottawa without her seeing as we both moved here around the same time and shared a similar eb and flow of new-city adjustment; this place just won’t be the same.
I think sometimes in life we are drawn to certain people because they are something we are not or can say the things that we wish we could say. I know that Ju amazed me with her creativity, drive and loyalty. Baby, you are gonna be missed!

Reason number #154 why I’m going to miss J: at the drop of a hat, the girl would let me dress her up in outrageous outfits and prance around outside in extreme weather condidtions for the sake of satiating my creative impulses! Now that is LOVE.
These pictures were published in The Dinner Jacket Magazine August 2009 issue. 
mmmm

x