PERSONA x Levi's x Fubon Art Foundation x BLANQ





PERSONA is an art project collaborated between Levi’s x Fubon Art Foundation x BLANQ. No cutting or sewing was done, but only the use of safety pins to keep these denim sculptures together. The use of safety pins allows the denim jeans to stay true to its shape and personality, so if taken apart, the jeans could still be worn. via Paper Whales and Source.

I'm loving these sculptural denim pieces. I was just hired to conduct a workshop teaching teens how to re-purpose clothing so I have been seeking out some inspiration of using staple wardrobe pieces, like denim, and making it into something not-so-ordinary. 
I have always been an advocate of experimenting with the design and function of garments. The idea of re-working or re-wearing a piece to serve a different purpose than its original intent is, to me, the foundation for the concept of style.